GOXS-C03-02 Copper Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceivers is high performance, Cost effective module compliant with the 10/100 Ethernet standards as specified in IEEE 802. 3-2002 and IEEE 802.3ab, which supporting 100Mbps data- rate up to 100 meters reach over unshielded twisted-pair category 5 cable.
All four pairs in the cable are used with symbol rate at 250Mbps on each pair. The module supports 100Mbps full duplex data-links with 5-level Pulse Amplitude Modulation (PAM) signals.
The module provides standard serial ID information compliant with SFP MSA, which can be accessed with address of A0h via the 2 wire serial CMOS EEPROM protocol. The physical IC can also be accessed via 2 wire serial bus at address A0h.
- 10/100M Ethernet over Cat 5 cable
IEEE 802.3 compatible.
See Notes 2 through 4 below
Category 5 UTP. BER <10-12
- Clock tolerance is +/- 50 ppm
- By default, the GE-GB-G is a full duplex device in preferred master mode
- Automatic crossover detection is enabled. External crossover cable is not required
- 100 BASE-T operation requires the host system to have an SGMII interface with no clocks, and the module PHY to be configured per Application Note AN-2036. With a SERDES that does not support SGMII, the module will operate at 100BASE-T
10/100Mbps only, SERDES interface, Copper SFP with spring latch